Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Oh just a ten mile loop


Hawn State Park is near Farmington, MO about an hour from St. Louis. Leaving the StL early we got out to Hawn probably around 10:30am and finished the whole hike around 5.  We started on the Whispering Pine Trail which is two loops put together one north loop which is 6 miles the other south being 4 miles with a mini scenic loop in the middle of the south loop. It was a perfect Saturday for our hike, we pulled into a cute picnic area/parking lot which we will have to go back for to have lunch!

Both loops were very scenic and the trail was moderate, there was a couple river crossing... ok big stream crossings, that I wasn't super pumped about, but I had a good hiking partner to steady me across the rocks. We saw families and pups on the trail so it seemed that people of all ages could handle the trail. I would recommend grabbing a map to start just a helpful tool to have. Two people came up to us near the end having no idea how much further the loop was and it was about 4:30pm (they also had no water or anything, not smart). 


No really new gear, but I did try these out hiking: 
I had these for about two years, love them! I wear them more just as everyday shorts, I was worried a bit because they are pretty short and didn't want to worry about poison ivy or ticks, but overall they did awesome! I would wear them again for sure! Overall great trail and great day!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment